5: Legal actions
Various groups and individuals within the
community have challenged this scheme through legal proceedings.
Attempts are continuing, and further challenges may be
The legal actions so far have been:
- A judicial review brought by the Crystal
Palace Campaign of the outline planning permission. This reached
the House of Lords.
- A judicial review brought by a local
resident with the assistance of legal aid against detailed
planning permission. This reached the Court of Appeal.
- Complaint to the European Commission with
a view to infringement proceedings in the European Court of
Justice (see page
- Objection by Crystal Palace Campaign to
licensing applications (see page
- Complaint by members of the community to
the European Parliament.
- Defence by members of Crystal Palace
Campaign to eviction proceedings.
- Defence by eco-warriors of eviction
proceedings (see "A
whiff of the secret state in a suburb";
at Crystal Palace")
Such is the community's determination,
that it is restricted only by the extent of its own